Custom Search

Thursday, September 21, 2017

What the...?

So, the unusual rigging on this ship caught my eye as I wandered around on the docks below Wharf Street yesterday. It intrigued me to the point where today I looked up the ship's name, Amara Zee, online. That strange rigging on top is not, as I guessed, a fishing platform for some unusual kind of fish or fishermen. The ship is a performance vessel and is here to perform "Nomadic Tempest", an experimental rock opera performed on a tall ship. On the preview video it looks like an incredible spectacle - it's on tonight and I may drop down the the harbour to see what I can see. Here's a link to the website - Caravan Stage Company.

4 comments:

SPI said...

Awful show from what I've heard from attenders.

Stefan Jansson said...

If you do drop by, bring the camera with you!

William Kendall said...

Very different!

The Canada c3 ship is due into port in Victoria in the coming weeks. It's been doing a circuit from east to north to west over the summer.

Dzjiedzjee said...

A very nice picture. I love your work and your style!!

Greetings from the Netherlands!
Gert Jan
www.gertjanhermus.nl