Custom Search

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Backyard Birding

Recently we installed a hummingbird feeder on a plum tree in the back yard. While it took the hummers a week or so to locate it, now they have taken possession and visit it regularly. So far I have only seen Anna's Hummingbird (Calypte anna), appearing in the photo above. Birding out in the forest makes a great day's excursion but birding in the back yard has its pleasures too - I can relax in a lawn chair with a cup of coffee and some cookies while waiting for the birds to come calling.

4 comments:

s.c said...

Great shot of a real stunning bird. Well done.

JoJo said...

Love hummingbirds. I used to wear a beaded hairpiece frequently and hummingbirds would follow me...I think they thought it was a flower. Happened mostly in California.

William Kendall said...

Nice capture! The hummer's not an easy one to photograph, except if you hang up one of these.

Stephanie said...

Stunning capture!