Custom Search

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Mushroom Season

Mushroom season has only just begun now but there are already a few of the smaller kinds of fungi visible on the forest floor, Above is one of my favorites, the Toothed Jelly Fungus (Pseudohydnum gelatinosum). I don't know if these guys glow in the dark but they certainly glow in the daytime. I think I also like them because they are one of the few fungi I can identify. The brown mushrooms on the left belong to that much larger class of fungi that I cannot identify. If there are any mycophiles out there perhaps you can suggest what kind of mushroom they are.

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

That first set look otherworldly!

JoJo said...

They do look like they would glow in the dark. I just saw some mushrooms in my yard today too.

Stephanie said...

Wow! I have never seen these kinds of mushrooms.