Custom Search

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Weatherman

Since I'm beyond the age of considering a career change we can all rest comfortably with the certainty that I will never become a weather forecaster. All I have to do these days is make some glib remark about snow like "it usually melts off during the day" and we are immediately deluged with about 20 centimeters of snow that is quite clearly not melting away. Oh well, it continues to be pretty but Victoria is a city that always seems caught by surprise when it snows. Nobody seems to know what to do and a snowfall more than ankle deep means businesses and schools close.

7 comments:

JoJo said...

It's the same in Washington. 6" of snow shuts the entire region down, and they got more than that. Heard there's an ice storm now. Stay safe and warm! Pretty shot!

Paul in Powell River said...

Nice shot! Last year you got hit on the 2 days I happened to be your city. And I probably shouldn't say this, but tomorrow the forecast is rain, and a balmy 4°C. Hopefully!

Stefan Jansson said...

Oh, this reminds me a bit about my winter chair from a few years ago.

Deb said...

Fun shot,and I thought it was just the UK that shut down with a few cms of snow!

hamilton said...

Time to find a warm chair inside!

Marisa said...

I was there once. I thought that British Columbia was the most breathtaking place alive. They have great Japanese restaurants. It had this laid back feel. I loved it.

RedPat said...

Great shot! Love yesterday's squirrel too!