Custom Search

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Golden Crowned Sparrow (Zonotrichia atricapilla)

While I'm on a bird jag (see last week's posts) I might as well add another of what I call "those little brown birds" - those hard-to-identify little birds that flutter and forage near the outside tables at Starbucks and such places, finding food amongst the cookie crumbs. This one is more identifiable than most with its distinctive yellow and black cap, the feature that gives this bird its name, the Golden Crowned Sparrow (Zonitrichia atricapilla).

3 comments:

s.c said...

Beautiful shot again. Thanks for showing.

Jack said...

Wonderfully sharp image, Benjamin, I think this fellow would be happy with his portrait.

JoJo said...

Great close up! Love his yellow cap. At first I thought that was snow in the foreground of the picture!