Custom Search

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Worth a Second Look

Posting a daily photo blog is really challenging for a photographer. It's hard to come up with a new photo every day. And I'll go so far as to say that it's impossible for even the best photographer to come up with a great photo every day. I figure I take about 3 or 4 photos every year that I am genuinely satisfied with. The remaining 400 or so that I post are adequate but generally not worth a second look. So, from time to time from now on I plan to take a second look at photos I am pleased with. I'll try to write a bit about why I think they are worth "a second look."

The above photo of a Falun Gong Drummer was taken during the Victoria Day Parade in May 2016. For me there's a lot to like in this photo. First, the drummer is having a good time. Second, I like the bright, vibrant colors. Third, it's got dynamic lines running diagonally across the photo in both directions that make you feel the movement. And finally, the subject is in sharp focus and the rest is nicely blurred. Comments are very welcome.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

A very expressive shot!

The Furry Gnome said...

You're right; that's a good one!