Custom Search

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Mount Baker

In the winter it's too cold for me but as the temperatures rise here I head for the summit of Mount Douglas, a favorite spot to sit and wait for birds. I have seen birds while sitting on my favorite rock there that I have not seen anywhere else in this area. When I was up there a few days ago there were surprisingly few birds visible but Mount Baker was looking as majestic as usual. And when I lowered the camera down a few inches I was rewarded with the Raven below who was also enjoying the view.

4 comments:

Dean Lewis said...

Great capture of Mount Baker. Such a clear day makes it seem that much closer.
For the curious, Haro Strait is in the foreground, along with San Juan Island(USA),parallel to Victoria and the Saanich Peninsula.

William Kendall said...

A beautiful raven, and an incredible mountain!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful images!

JoJo said...

Great shot of Baker!