Custom Search

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Swan Lake Nature Sanctuary

I went out the the Swan Lake Nature Sanctuary on the weekend to see if I could spot any of the birds that like to come here for the winter. I was amazed to find that the place was practically deserted by our feathered friends. It seems that most of the birds that spend the summer here have now flown south and birds from further north that like to spend the winter here have not yet arrived from their northern breeding and nesting areas. In any case I had an opportunity to enjoy the lake and its nearly fluorescent green dress of blue-green algae. We'll have a closer look at that tomorrow.

5 comments:

Massimo said...

winter ? it doesn't seems winter ... :-)
nice place... even without the birds.., ciao

s.c said...

Yes the green is very green here. Love the perspective and the bend in the planking.

JoJo said...

If your birds have already headed south, that can't be good for the upcoming winter!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shot! I'd love to walk through there myself.

Stephanie said...

The place looks heavenly with the rich blues and greens and how I would love to walk on that boardwalk.