Custom Search

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Otter Family


While I occasionally catch a glimpse of a Northern River Otter here and there as I walk along the West Song or West Bay Walkways I have not before seen an entire family. This group of five was busily catching something in the seaweed along the shoreline. I particularly like that about 30 seconds into the video you can see they all take notice of me and while they don't panic, they nevertheless disappear fairly quickly shortly after. To see such abundant wildlife here in the city always seems like a privilege to me and something we should treasure carefully. Below is a brief video of this group of five.

5 comments:

Lucas Kain said...

Awww! Very nice! I love otters, and to see that there are still some left in the city is truly great! Thanks for sharing, awaiting more in the future. :)

___
International call

PinkPanthress said...

I ❤ Otters!
It was a short but sweet Video. ^_^

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I so enjoyed that Ben, there's something about the way otters just glide about in the water that is very appealing to watch, a bit like dolphins. So good, thanks.

Cathy said...

Thanks for making me smile, I used to see these adorable creatures in the Connecticut River near Hanover New Hampshire years ago. It is so good to see them flourishing in your area.

Dean Lewis said...

Indeed, it is wildlife within our city boundaries that makes Victoria an extra special place to live.